Sunday, May 6, 2012

You can't judge me

Teacher questions entire APS tribunal process in hearing - CBS Atlanta 46
Camille Neely was a teacher at Gideons Elementary School accused of getting a hold of secure test documents when she wasn't supposed to and of changing students' answers from wrong to right.
But her attorney, Michael King, said that the fact that the APS tribunal, made up of former educators who will decide whether or not she can keep her job, is selected and paid for by APS means they can't be unbiased.
"Forget this 'jury of my peers' charade! I get to say who my peers are, not you!"
King also argued that APS was blocking his ability to subpoena former APS Superintendent Beverly Hall, and that prosecution barely allowed him time to look at evidence against his client.
"You hear me? Beverly 'knew or should have known' Hall is my peer! Tamara 'tell the GBI to go to hell' Cotman is my peer! You have no right to judge me!"

Yeah, let's see how that works out for you.

It should be entertaining to see just how much time they can waste trying to force APS to find Hall and serve her with a subpoena. Perhaps Hall is eager for the opportunity to abandon her seclusion and put herself under oath to defend Neely, what with her own reputation blowing in the wind. That seems perfectly reasonable, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment