Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Cheating is a risk that can be anticipated"

Retired Deerwood educators say they had OK to cheat | ajc.com
"She didn't know anything, and no one told her anything about cheating," he [Tabeeka Jordan's attorney, George Lawson] said.
I'm really trying not to pick on individual educators on trial (I'll admit it's the SRT directors and others who oversee principals that I'm eager to see fry), but Tabeeka Jordan's hearing is the second recently in which the principal claimed that she isn't responsible for conduct she didn't know about. (There's a lot of that going around. More than one principal named in the Bowers/Wilson report said "If I don't see it, I don't have to report it.")

And it's the first hearing in which Superintendent Erroll Davis himself appeared, to say what he's said before:
"From a leadership perspective, what I see here is a complete and utter failure to exercise appropriate duty of care," he said. "Cheating is a risk that can be anticipated. It is one that can be managed. In this case, I saw it as being mismanaged."
Yes, Madame Principal, you are responsible. It's your job to know what's going on in your own school. That's the price of that comfy chair. "Knew or should have known." Accomplice or stooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment