Saturday, August 13, 2011

How many billable hours is that?

The hottest story in the ongoing APS scandal is how much taxpayer money Beverly Hall spent on her own legal defense. The Freedom of Information Act makes those records public, an event that one must assume Dr Hall did not anticipate.

Once you hear "$125,000 for March, April and May" (that's her last three months in office, after the scandal hit -- I would say "while she was still insisting nothing was wrong", but she still says that), there really isn't anything for me to add.

Reporter's Notebook: Dr. Hall & how much she spent on legal defense [WXIA]

Well, I guess there is one more thing: Perhaps she didn't consult the right lawyers.

Beverly Hall: "I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona..." [Eric Wearne]
Former state official says Dr. Hall’s defense rings hollow [ajc | "Get Schooled"]

And now I've found one reason why my RSS feed seems to fill up with stories I think I've seen before: I have seen them before. A Kansas City Star commentary I saw Tuesday and commented upon on Wednesday has just shown up again, word-for-word reposted on Saturday with no hint that it's a rerun. That's far from scandalous, of course, but in this age of search engines and archived internet stories surely it's unnecessary?

On the other hand, I guess it generates fresh page-views for no cost. I mean, I looked again...

No comments:

Post a Comment